Monday, September 19, 2011

Classmate Profile: Jasmine Steverson






Jasmine Steverson is a senior at the University of Mississippi. Steverson is from Hollandale, Mississippi. She refers to the Mississippi Delta area as a “ghost town.”

“As far as my town goes, the population isn't even 3,000, everyone knows everyone, and there aren't even any franchise businesses.”

Ole miss wasn’t Steverson’s first choice of colleges to attend. Southern Miss had Steverson’s heart in the beginning, although she has two sisters who graduated from Ole Miss.

“I liked the location of Southern Miss, and I liked that it was more unfamiliar to me.” The main choice maker for Steverson’s future schooling was the Luckyday scholarship offered from Ole Miss. “The Luckyday scholarship was a great opportunity because it took a weight off of me and my parents.”

Steverson’s major is English and her minor is journalism. While she has no background in journalism, she isn’t blocking it out of her future.

Steverson’s future goal as an English major is to a write a book. However, Steverson doesn’t know in the future if she wants to do literary writing or journalistic writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment