Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Profile on Sidney Bayles


"The craziest thing that has ever happened to me…would have to be experiencing a tropical storm at the beach," said Sidney Bayles, a junior at Ole Miss. She was enjoying Labor Day with family and friends at Orange Beach when a tropical storm interrupted her holiday. "We didn't even know it was coming," she said. "There were signs swinging back and forth. It was scary."
Bayles,a broadcast journalism major, hopes to one day become a reporter. "I  want to do something fun," said Bayles. "Like not strictly just news." She knew where she was destined to spend the next four years after college, after having a sister play for the Women's Ole Miss soccer team. Growing up in the small town of Florence, Ala., Bayles felt right at home in Oxford. The small town feel free from all the interstate commotion is comforting for Bayles. "Sometimes I get nervous on big interstates," she said. "Last week I went to Memphis and had to have my GPS to help me out."

No comments:

Post a Comment