Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Victoria Boatman

It's not unusual to find a college sophomore with an undecided major, and no clue as to what they want to do ten years from now. University of Mississippi sophomore Victoria Boatman is no exception.
Although a declared journalism major, Boatman has narrowed her potential career paths as either that of a lawyer, journalist or archaeologist. Whatever she decides, she knows one thing is for sure-she will have a successful career.
With a successful career comes extra money and time said Boatman. It's time and money that she plans to dedicate to give back solely to her community. "When I was in middle school I was president of our school's community service organizations," Boatman said. "Giving back to the community is just something I have always enjoyed doing."
Boatman hopes to give back not only to her local community, but to that of other nations. "I hope 10 years from now I'm traveling a lot," she said. She has only been to four places outside the county but she, "enjoyed that time so much that I hope to be able to do service work for other countries too. I just want to continue to give back."

No comments:

Post a Comment