Monday, September 19, 2011

Classmate Profile



Puberty and awkward stages of life are expected trials and tribulations when going through adolescence. But for Houston native, Jennifer Nassar, divorce was the biggest obstacle.

Nassar’s parents, who divorced when she was 10, left a heavy burden on her shoulders.

“I would say the biggest thing that has affected me was my parents’ divorce, probably because I was so young and it was pretty rough,” Nassar said. “I did live through the saying, ‘what doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger’.”

Nassar learned how to cope with life’s problems. She also learned what kind of man she did not want to marry.

“My biggest fear is that I will end up marrying someone like my father,” Nassar said. “That’s a big no-no because I don’t see him as a good husband or a good family-man.”

Coming to Ole Miss has been Nassar’s biggest accomplishment because she is the first person in her family to attend college. Through college Nassar said she has found faith and friends who understand her situation and who will support her.

“I have found my faith and my relationship with God,” she said. “Most of my friends that I have made have been through church and have helped bring us closer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment