Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Article Response

I found the police beat article to be very interesting, yet emotional to read. I never thought about how hard it must be for police officers to witness death on a daily basis because it is something they are so accustomed to being around. In this article, various journalists talked about how these events impacted not only their lives, but also their writing. I found the beginning of this article to be enticing because it caught my attention in the first paragraph with the graphic description of the car accident. The fact that the accident discussed in the article was about college age students captured my attention because it is something I can relate to, being a college student myself. I never realized how difficult it must be to gather information from police officers when covering a murder, car accident, or other type of violence related stories because most of the time police aren’t supposed to release any information to outsiders. This article also brought to my attention how people cope with stress in various ways, whether it be smoking, drinking, or using substances to numb their pain.

-Emily Quatman

No comments:

Post a Comment