Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Response to Article

The article posted about the police beat stories were not what I was expecting to read. I didn't understand how much emotional and physical stress a crime reporter went through. It sounds almost like a cop and a crime reporter deal with similiar experiences. I believe my reactions of the crimes would be more emotionally stressed than physically stressed. I feel like the hardest part of being a crime reporter would be interviewing the victim's family. Reporter Rankin stated that she would find herself crying uncontrollably while talking to the members. The article caught my attention as soon I started reading it. The way things were descibed and discussed about made me feel like I was at the scence of the accident or murder. I agree with Dr. J. Beverly Anderson in her opinion of cops and crime reporters needing counseling. Smoking, drinking, and blocking out terrible things aren't the way to solve stress. Talking to someone and letting out your thoughts and worries is the best way. The cops and crime reporters seeing the things that they do daily should make it a high priority to go to a counselor at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment