Thursday, November 10, 2011

Response to Police Beat Article

The article written on police beats was eye-opening. Writing about crime seems like the most challenging job, emotionally. When one leaves their job, mental images of crime scenes are most likely still present. I do not know if I could report on crime because of the effects it would have upon me. It is so important to appreciate the work of police beat reporters because without them, we would not be kept up to date with criminal activity in our world. They (producers) have to go through all of the work to get our story, including talking to the police, talking to the victims, and to their families. We as readers (consumers) just get to sit back and read. The life of a police beat journalist is more exhilarating than I thought. This article explained how these types of reporters are at the beckoned call of their stories, sometimes staying up until late hours of the night. This type of lifestyle is very time-consuming. I personally do not know if I could be a police beat reporter. This article made me truly appreciate these reporters' work for their communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment